Ladies and Gentlemen, the universally acclaimed Nokia Maps have now stand updated at v3.08 bringing a box full of welcome changes. The most noticeable change is the addition of weather app. The weather app can predict weather for up to 5 days.
The changelog is as follows:
What’s different in this version of Maps v3.08?
- Cool Weather app – get local conditions by the hour and forecasts for the week
- Live traffic routing info included into Drive start screen
- Metric/imperial toggle from Drive UI removed
- Search result details are easier to read
- Cleaner UX framework
- New SmartInstaller installation UI
What’s different from v3.07?
- Live traffic routing takes traffic information into account to avoid traffic jams automatically (available in Germany, France, US, UK and Russia).
- Turn on "Avoid traffic" in your "Route settings" to take traffic conditions into account while you drive. Always get the best route for right now.
- New Drive look & feel – home screen now has buttons for "Set destination," "Drive home" and "Just drive."
- "Just drive" or Drive assistance shows your accurate speed, gives speed warnings, the distance driven and real time traffic.
- New information bar on Drive navigation and Drive assistance screens.
- Also easily toggle between Estimated Time of Arrival in minutes or distance to your destination – just tap the icon on the screen.
- New option menus in Drive.
- Set a contact as a destination.
- Easily change your settings during Drive navigation. Changes in settings are immediate and can been seen instantly.
- Long tap is now available to give quick access to "Drive to," "Walk to," "Share" and various lists.
- Settings reorganized to "General" "Maps & Walk" and "Drive."
The good folks over at Beta Labs surely know their stuff. I am off to download the maps now. You can download it from http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/ovi-maps-for-mobile-v3-08 or via the Ovi suite.