Nokia’s latest Ovi QA update raised a few heads, and caused loads and loads of questions in the Forum Nokia. One of the topics I wanted to address was a list of the new category tags – it looks like someone in the Ovi team can read /me’s mind.
The individual in question goes by the name OviNick. Here is his comment – it is too valuable to not repost here:
If your content was submitted to QA prior to last weeks release, but not evaluated prior to that release, the content item failed due to missing metadata.
NOTE: Content already published to Ovi Store will not be affected by this release.
We apologize for this inconvenience. Please resubmit your content now.
Steps to follow if you receive a “Missing Metadata” content QA failure message after the release:
1. Log into Ovi Publish at http://publish.ovi.com and navigate to the affected content item
2. Click on the ‘Edit’ button
3. Edit the content item Categorization Tags metadata
4. Save the changes
5. Submit the content item to QA
For additional information regarding:
- Recent metadata additions:
- Categorization Tags, including full tables of Categorization Tags per category:
- Metadata changes in Ovi Publish and the ramifications, please click here.
Big thanks to OviNick – rest assured that we will consider you in our weekly giveaway!