When it comes to looking at Nokia’s sales figures in some detail, emerging markets stand out.
Nokia Press has now reported the following:
Since July 1, key findings include:
- Ovi Store downloads by consumers in Africa have grown by 50 percent
- Developer registrations with Forum Nokia are up more than 60 percent
- Ovi Store active users have grown by more than 20 percent
- In South Africa, purchases from Ovi Store have grown 438 percent since operator billing was rolled out in June
- Mobile payment, instant messaging and health-related apps have been especially popular with people across Africa
Given that Nokia has had a strong focus on emerging markets at this year’s Nokia World, this is not too surprising – stay tuned for further info as we get it!